Friday, April 3, 2009

Banana Cake


When I went to a supermarket nearby my house, I saw some good-looking bananas were sold at very cheap price. 1 bundle of plastic, contained around 5-10 sticks was only 50 cents. It is a norm here that when the bananas turn so ripe and the skin darkening, the price would be reduced but actually the rate of the darkening wasn't so bad, it is not so soft. You can still eat it raw.

So I took 1 big bundle and used them to make banana cake. I found one recipe from my.resepi and it turned out quite ok. It's very easy to make and the kids love it so much.

The recipe:

Ingredients:

4 medium-sized bananas (mashed)
3 medium-sized eggs
1 3/4 cup self-rising flour (I couldn't find this so I mixed the all-purpose flour with 1 teaspoon of baking powder)
1/4 cup corn flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (any cooking oil would do)
1 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
1 pinch of salt

Method:

Preheat the oven to 170C. Butter the baking pan.

1. Beat the egg and sugar with electric mixer until thick.
2. Add mashed banana and mix well.
3. Add flour (together with baking powder and soda bicarbonate) and mix well.
4. Add oil and mix well.
5. Put the batter into baking pan.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Check by inserting toothpick, if it comes out clean, then the cake is completely baked.

Cool down the cake before remove it out of baking pan.

No comments: