500g beef mince
1 big onion
1 box (about 400 gram) tomato puree
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons oregano
two cloves of garlic
1 packet of long spaghetti pasta
Then the shrimp powder (belacan) of course plays important role for the authentic sambal tumis. The one I used is from Malaysia. You can still buy it (paste in the bottle) from Asia Shop but it is of Thailand make. Not really our Malaysian taste...
Ok, let's the ingredient based on my own recipe:
1. 500 gram of shrimp (the bigger the better)
2. 2 spoons of sambal oelek or dried chilies paste (if you like it spicier, add more)
3. Petai (as much as you want)
3. 2 onion - 1 cut into small cubes (shallots are better, but here in Germany shallots are expensive, so I used onion) and 1 cut in round slices.
4. 3 garlic cloves (cut into small pieces)
5. Shrimp powder ( 1 spoon)
6. Tamarind juice
7. Sugar and salt to taste
8. Some cooking oil
1. Heat up cooking oil
2. Fry the onion (small cubes) and garlic until yellow
3. Add the chilies. Leave it to cook properly. Stir once a while.
4. Add shrimp powder, sugar, salt and tamarind juice.
5. Add shrimp and petai. Leave it to cook.
6. Add round sliced onion. Leave it for a while.
Ready to serve!