Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spaghetti Carbonara

One kind of pasta I love to eat. In Malaysia, I never cooked this thing myself. My favourite place to eat this; KLCC Signature, the food court.

Actually it's very easy to cook this pasta. Only thing is in Malaysia, it would be quite costly if I cook myself because the cheese and whipped cream are considerably quite expensive. Besides you don't eat this pasta so much, you tend to be muak after a plate. So I didn't bother to cook myself.

Here in Germany, cheese, cream, pasta can be considered cheap. A small box of cream costs only EU0.45. And a pack of grated Parmesan cheese is EU1.09. And why dine out when it is expensive and most of the time not halal. So I cook.

Here is the recipe:

- 2 yolk eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup. cream
- Half packet of spaghetti (can use other types of pasta)
- some sliced salami, cut in strips
-1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-Salt & pepper to taste
- Add grounded thymian if you like.

Eggs, butter and cream must be at room temperature. Beat together eggs and cream until blended. Cook spaghetti 10 to 12 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain well. . Toss pasta with butter and pepperoni. Pour egg mixture over and toss. Add cheese and thymian, toss to mix. Serve immediately.

Eat with steamed broccoli if you like....

No comments: