Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ayam Masak Szechuan (Szechuan Style Chicken)


Got this recipe from my friend, Liza. The photo of the recipe in her blog, showed a very dark gravy but mine is lighter. Again, I blame the soy sause I bought here. For those who like sesame oil taste, this is the recipe.


Ingredient:

1. Chicken (can also use beef or squid)
2. Garlic - 2 or 3 cloves, minced
3. 1 onion - cut into 4
4. 1 tsp cornstarch (mix with water)
5. Dried chilies
6. Onion leaves
7. Sesame oil
8. Oyster sauce
9. Dark soy souce
10. Cashew nuts ( I didn't put as I didn't have it)

Methods:

1. Heat the coking oil + sesame oil
2. Fry the dried chilies until crispy - put aside
3. Fry the onion and garlic
4. Add in chickens
5. Add in oyster sauce and dark soy sauce
6. When chickens are cooked well, add in fried dried chilies and cashew nuts.
7. Add the cornstarch batter and mix well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woww....my feberet!!
tp patutnya gelap n kuah pekat...
tp mmg salah kicap kat sini...org buat sambal kicap pun jd likat semacam jer...