Sunday, January 25, 2009

Butter Prawn (the one that failed!!!)


During my working days, dining out for business luncheon was enjoyable, as that was the opportunity to eat those expensive foods for free...hehehe

There was this famous Thai restaurant in Klang Valley that I love so much for their Thai cuisines especially their Butter Prawn. I love the cruncy shredded butter-egg combination. The prawns of course were superb!

Many years ago, I've tried once to cook on my own this butter prawn recipe. I used the recipe from a magazine. But I failed to get the crunchy shredded butter-egg. So I gave up trying and concluded that if I feel like eating, business luncheon is the time (for info, always being the only lady in the team work, I always been given the privilege to order....good eh?)

Now living abroad and have not so much money to spend to dine out, I made another attempt to cook this butter prawn. So I visited the famous cooking website in my list, but there were so many butter prawn recipes to look at, and I was so lazy to read all the reviews. So I picked one recipe that featured a nice-looking butter prawn photo and I thought 'this should be good'

But I ended up getting the scrambled-egg-looking of what supposed to be the fried-crunchy-shredded butter-egg (look at the above photo). Hmm...it was very dissappointing!!! Nonetheless the prawns itself tasted so good, so it wasn't a waste.

Later I had chatted with a friend of mine and mentioned about my butter prawn dissappointment. And she pointed that in order to get a crunchy-shredded butter-egg, I shoud be using a lot of oil (about two ladles) and make sure the oil is hot enough before I pour in the batter. And the batter must be stirred as quickly as possible to get the well shredded result.

No wonder!

How come the recipe says only two spoon of butter to be heated up? Huh!!!

Anyway, I'm not going to put the recipe of my failed butter prawn. Perhaps, I'll try again the butter prawn recipe and will see whether it will success.

3 comments:

:cahya schatz: said...

yee haa...dah buleh komen..
ok..komen pertama...
hurm...
tak per la...terus ke komen kedua..
ehem...ehem...
hurm... *blank*

nde said...

hehe... mcm kenal je nih... rupe yg sama time aku try butter prawn dulu sampai fame pun tak kenal yg tu butter prawn... dia jadik prawn + scramble egg.. keh keh.... buat kena gelak je dulu... nnt aku try letak minyak byk2 gak.. which is soooo unhealthy untuk kesihatan... kekeke... baru jadik macam kedai punye kot...

Neny said...

Tu la, aku x tau la bape kali buat baru nak jadi nih!