Saturday, January 24, 2009

Daging Masak Hitam ( Black Beef Recipe)


I found this recipe while browsing through Adabi website. I wanted to see what spices I could ask my family in Malaysia to buy for me and subsequently send it over to Germany. Then I saw this recipe and tried it.


Well, it's delicious and easy to cook. Anyway, mine didn't look as black as it should be. I guess the soy sauce I bought here doesn't give the black colour so much. I miss Kicap Kipas Udang!!!

Here is the recipe:



Ingredients :

1. packet of 26 gm Adabi Soup paste 600 gm ( I used Mak Siti's, as I don't have Adabi's)

2. beef (sliced and deep fried)

3. 10 dried chillies (grinded)

4. 3 big onions (cut rounded)

5. 8 shallots (finely sliced)

6. 1 inch ginger (pounded)

7. 10 tablespoons of soy sauce

8. 2 tablespoons vinegar/tamarind water

9. 10 tablespoons cooking oil

10. Sugar Salt to taste

I added potatoes in my cooking because my kids love to eat potato.



Cooking Method :

1. Heat the oil

2. Fry the Adabi Soup paste, dried chillies, shallots, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar together.

3. Add beef and big onions (and potatoes, if you want to add)

4. Fry till everything blends in the meat (make sure the potatoes is well cooked)

5. Ready to be served

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perghh....berasap lg tuh...
mesti bau menyusuri smp ke bahnhof raunheim..