Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sayur Goreng Tempe (Fried Vege with Tempe)

I found tempe in Asia Shop yesterday and quickly bought it as there was only one pack left. Some items in Asia Shop are often sold-out even on the first day of its arrival. So when I see those hot-stuff items, I quickly grab it because I dont go to Asia Shop everyday.

Tempe is a good source of protein and I just love everything made from soy beans (err....except for soy beans milk). I just made a simple dish out of this tempe....fried it and cook it with vegetable. The best vege, you can use the long beans or in my case I used kacang buncis (haricot beans).

Ingredients:

1 pack of tempe - cut into small pieces, wash and drain
1 bunch of kacang buncis - cut into appropriate length
1 onion - finely sliced
2 cloves garlic -finely sliced
1 red chili - finely sliced
A bit of turmeric powder
A bit of salt.

Methods:

1. Mix tempe pieces with turmeric powder and salt.
2. Deep fry the tempe until it turns brown. Put aside.
3. Heat up a little oil in a pan, fry the onion, garlic and chili until yellow.
4. Toss in the beans. Leave it to cook for a while.
5. Add the fried tempe.
6. Season with salt.

No comments: