Friday, March 20, 2009

Bihun Singapura



This is one simple meal that I like because you can use whatever meats or vegetables you like as long as you put black pepper. I never knew the exact recipe of Bihun Singapura, I always make it my own version after an ex-colleague introduced to me this bihun years ago. She told me verbally how to cook it. And this is how I cook it:

Ingredients:

  • Half a pack of bihun (rice noodle) - soak into hot water for 2-3 minutes then drain
  • A small bowl of chicken breast cut into small pieces (or u can substitue with beef/squid/prawn)
  • 2-3 garlic - mince
  • 1-2 teaspoon grounded black pepper ( depends how you like it, the more the hotter)
  • 1 table spoon oyster sauce
  • 1 small carrots - cut into small long pieces
  • Some sawi - cut into small pieces
  • Fried shallots (can buy ready made from Asia Shop)
  • Celery leaves - mince
  • 2 table spoons cooking oil
  • Salt

Methods:

  1. 1. Heat oil in a cooking pan, stir in the minced garlic. Cook until fragrant.
  2. Add chicken, cook well
  3. Add black pepper and oyster sauce, stir.
  4. Add carrots and cook until soft.
  5. Put in bihun and sawi, mix well everything in the pan
  6. Add salt (depends on your taste buds)
  7. Serve with fried shallots and celery leaves garnished on top

I also always serve this bihun with a small bowl of kicap cili api soy sauce with Thai chilies) or the ready made chili in garlic oil bought from Asia Shop....makes the bihun tastes superb!

No comments: