It's been a while since I last updated this blog. It was because I wasn't into cooking...well, I still cook continuously, it's just I didn't cook anything fancy or try out any new recipe. I guess my passion into cooking is just periodic.
Anyway, I'm back into the mood of trying out new recipe again. And yesterday I baked Banana Almond cake.
Nothing...it's just I am now joining an English Playgroup for the my kids, and feel like taking something to the class.
Well, I really like this recipe. As mush as I always sucks at baking, this time my baking product is generally successful. The cake is moist and smells good and tangy as it has orange zest, ground nutmeg and cinnamon
I got this recipe from Grouprecipes.
- 1/2 c (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c sliced almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c mashed ripe banana
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps grated orange peel
- 2/3 c buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 c whole-wheat flour
- Step #1 Melt 1/4 c of the butter.
- Step #2 Pour 2 tbsps of the melted butter into an 8-c bundt pan; brush the butter over pan sides & bottom.
- Step #3 Mix together the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, & almonds.
- Step #4 Sprinkle top bottom of pan with half the brown sugar mixture; mix the remaining mixture with the remaining melted butter; set aside.
- Step #5 In a large bowl, beat remaining 1/4 c butter with granulated sugar until mixed.
- Step #6 Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until mixed.
- Step #7 Beat in orange peel & banana.
- Step #8 Mix all-purpose & whole-wheat flours, baking powder, soda, & salt.
- Step #9 Add to banana mixture along with the buttermilk; stir until well mixed.
- Step #10 Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Step #11 Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture evenly over top; cover with remaining batter.
- Step #12 Bake in a 350° oven until a long wood skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean, about 50 mins.
- Step #13 Cool the cake on a rack about 5 mins, then invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Step #14 Serve the cake warm or cool.
- Enjoy the Banana Almond Cake recipe