Thursday, November 12, 2009

Banana Almond Cake

Hiyeee...I'm back!

It's been a while since I last updated this blog. It was because I wasn't into cooking...well, I still cook continuously, it's just I didn't cook anything fancy or try out any new recipe. I guess my passion into cooking is just periodic.

Anyway, I'm back into the mood of trying out new recipe again. And yesterday I baked Banana Almond cake.


Occasion?

Nothing...it's just I am now joining an English Playgroup for the my kids, and feel like taking something to the class.

Well, I really like this recipe. As mush as I always sucks at baking, this time my baking product is generally successful. The cake is moist and smells good and tangy as it has orange zest, ground nutmeg and cinnamon

I got this recipe from Grouprecipes.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 c sliced almonds
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 c granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 c mashed ripe banana
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsps grated orange peel
  • 2/3 c buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
  • 1/2 c whole-wheat flour
Directions
  • Step #1 Melt 1/4 c of the butter.
  • Step #2 Pour 2 tbsps of the melted butter into an 8-c bundt pan; brush the butter over pan sides & bottom.
  • Step #3 Mix together the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, & almonds.
  • Step #4 Sprinkle top bottom of pan with half the brown sugar mixture; mix the remaining mixture with the remaining melted butter; set aside.
  • Step #5 In a large bowl, beat remaining 1/4 c butter with granulated sugar until mixed.
  • Step #6 Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until mixed.
  • Step #7 Beat in orange peel & banana.
  • Step #8 Mix all-purpose & whole-wheat flours, baking powder, soda, & salt.
  • Step #9 Add to banana mixture along with the buttermilk; stir until well mixed.
  • Step #10 Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
  • Step #11 Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture evenly over top; cover with remaining batter.
  • Step #12 Bake in a 350° oven until a long wood skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean, about 50 mins.
  • Step #13 Cool the cake on a rack about 5 mins, then invert cake onto a serving plate.
  • Step #14 Serve the cake warm or cool.
  • Enjoy the Banana Almond Cake recipe

No comments: