Sunday, November 15, 2009

Potato Cake with Smoked Salmon

Ok, this is also something from Nigella.


I thought it was interesting to make and yummy-looking. But actually it doesn´t taste so great. Just so-so. And I can´t make my husband eat it!

But I just share it here in case anybody would like to try out.

Anyway, since it's easy, I made this a project for the twins for their cooking experience.

Ingredients:
For potato cake
- 3 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 2 tbs olive oil
- a bit chopped spring onion
- a bit lemon juice
- 60 g potato powder ( i used the potato puree)
- 40 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder

For spreading:
- sour cream ( I used quark with herbs as I couldn´t get sour cream)
- smoked salmon


Method:

1. Beat eggs in a bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients for the potato cake and mix well.
3. In a pan, pour the batter as making small-round pancake.
4. Cook both sides of the pancake until golden brown.
5. Remove the pancake from the pan and place in a plate.
6. Spread some sour cream on top of the cake.
7. Place a slice of smoked salmon on top of the sour cream
8. Ready to serve.

No comments: