This time I tried her Mexican scrambled egg....or I think I better call it Turkish scrambled egg because instead of using tortilla as in Nigella´s recipe, I used dürum. Dürum is a flat bread originates from Turkey and available in most Turkish groceries stores. It´s very much alike tortillas. If tortilla is used for making burito, dürum is used to make döner, just very much the same like burito, I guess.
- 1 piece of tortilla/dürum
- 3 eggs
- a bit of spring onion (minced)
- 1 tomato (seeded and cut into small pieces)
- capsicum (cut into small piece)
1. Roll up the tortilla. Cut into portions of 1cm lengtfh.
2. Heat up some oil in a pan. Stir in the tortilla. Fry until golden-brown. Put aside.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the spring onion, tomato, capsicum and salt.
4.Heat up some butter in a pan. Pour in the egg mixture and stir continuously to make scramble egg.
5. Toss in the fried tortilla.
6. Ready to serve.