Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Onion, Tomato & Emmentaler Bruschetta

This is a type of appetizer originated from Italy - made from french loaf and variety of toppings. The topping can be anything up to your imagination but most of the recipe I checked from the internet uses tomato, onion, basil, cheeses etc.

So I decided mine to be of onion, cherry tomato and emmentaler shredded cheese. I cut the onion and cherry tomato into small cubes, put them in a bowl, toss the shredded cheese, juice from half a lemon, a little bit of garlic powder, a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Before that I preheated the oven at 200C. Then I sliced the french loaf into several pieces, rub one side of each pieces with olive oil, then put a generous amount of the toppings on one side then have them toasted in the oven for at least 5 minutes.

Typical recipe actually calls for the sliced loaf to be toasted separately before you put the toppings but I just love mine to be toasted with the toppings as I can have the cheese melted over the tomato and onion and make them stick together.

No comments: