Monday, April 20, 2015

Chocolate Chips Muffin & Home Prepared Mixed Nuts


I have been making this chocolate chips muffin for many times but I realized that I have not put the recipe in here. It's a marvellous recipe by Nigella Lawson. Very easy peasy! And the kids love it.

Because it's easy peasy, I let this little girl helped me out with the batter :)

And she's so happy to be able to help :)

So whenever they asked for chocolate chip muffins I would always use this recipe for I know it wouldn't failed and surely is delicious.

Resepi saya amik dari SINI:

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

Special equipment: Muffin tin with paper muffin cases

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins. Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.


And while having the muffins baked, I made my own mixed nuts. I mixed raw cashews, walnuts and almonds together on a baking tray and roasted them for about 10 minutes in the oven (under the muffins tray). I am trying to make the family eat more nuts as nuts are good for general health. Buying the ready made mixed  nuts like Tong Garden is very expensive and one pack of mixed nuts is not much. Though the raw nuts is expensive as well, it is much worth than a pack of ready made and I get a lot more. After roasting and the nuts cooled, I added the raisins.

So I got this much of mixed nuts....banyak ke sikit ke...cepat je licin!

No comments: