- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce - I used feld salad
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained - I used red beans
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- About 3/4 cup (3-ounces) grated pepper jack cheese - I used emmentaler
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, oil, lime juice and hot sauce.
In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, and cheese. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.