Monday, February 28, 2011

Green Tea Noodles Soup


I spotted the green tea noodles at the Asia Shop and since I drink green tea 3 times a day (well, most of the days ^_^), I thought green tea noodles must be great too. So I bought a packet.


This green tea is made from buckwhat flour as the main ingredient. I've eaten Japanese green tea soba before ages ago . Just I'm not sure these two noodles is the same type or taste because this one came from China.

Most of the time, when trying out new ingredients, I would google for the recipe for some idea but for this noodle, I just made my own version of mix vegetables with calamari & fishball, then dumped the cooked noodles in the soup!


This is how cooked green tea noodles looks like!

Well, the green tea is yummy! It's so light and tastes fresh and I hope I got all the goodness of green tea in this noodles.


This Thai's chili in garlic oil is the perfect companion for noodles soup!

For the recipe:

Ingredients:

200g green tea noodles

For soup:

1/2 onion - chopped
2 cloves garlic - chopped
1 inch ginger - chopped
2 medium-size calamari - cut into small pieces
few pieces of fishball
1 carrot - cut into small pieces
some pak-choy - cut
2 tbs fish sauce
salt & pepper
spring onion/Chinese celery leaves - chopped (for garnishing)
fried shallot - for garnishing

Methods:

1. Cook noodles according to package instruction ( boil water in a pot, the put in noodles and once the noodles float, remove from heat and drain the hot water. Then run cold water through the noodles and drain again)
2. For the soup: Heat 2 tbs of cooking oil, fry the onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add water (depends how much you want the volume). Add carrot and cooked until it soft. Then add the calamari & fishball and let the soup boil. Add pak-choy, then fish sauce, salt & pepper and cook for a while.
3. To serve: Put some green tea noodles in a bowl, ladle sufficient amount of soup, then garnish with spring onion/Chinese celery leaves and fried shallot. If you like it spicy, eat with chili.

No comments: