Saturday, January 23, 2010

Banana-Walnut Muffin



Among all baking products that I've tried, I think making muffin is the easiest. Seriously! I got this recipe from this blog called Mad Baker and boy, am so glad I tried it out.

I really like it because the measurement is just a matter of using cup or spoon ( I don't have food weight scale so I hate those recipes that use SI unit - grams, pounds). And one more thing I like, there's no need to use mixer (well, I guess if I have a mixer which is as good as Kitchen Aid or Bosch, I would not have problem with that...hehehe).

And the taste?

Wow...it tasted so delicious! The recipe is so good! I'm not lying. Because since I always sucks at baking and fully dependent on the recipe I got ( I wouldn't know how to adjust a baking recipe), I am so impressed whenever I get a good baking result. Just a week ago I was so frustrated that marble cake I tried to bake turned out to be a flat-hard cake even though I followed the recipe exactly as it is.

So if you like to try, here is the recipe (cut & paste from Mad Baker)

Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)

4 ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg & 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin cups or grease lightly with butter.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, beat the mashed bananas, sugar, eggs and melted butter together.
4. Stir the banana mixture and walnuts into the flour mixture until just combined.
5. Divide the batter into the muffin tray.
6. Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.



No comments: