Thursday, January 14, 2010
Chicken Pot Pie
I feel in love with the ready-made pastry puff because it saves a lot of time making meal using it. And ready-made pastry puff is also cheap! It´s just 69 cent for one piece of pastry puff.
I´ve been wanting to try this chicken pot pie after seeing the menu in Cafe World. You know...the game in Facebook. So much for introduction eh?
Then I watched a video how to make it from Pillsbury.com. This site has many how-to make-videos using ready-made pastry puff which I like so much.
The recipe is as follows:
- 2 package of ready-made pie crust (pastry puff)
- 1/3 cup butter
-1/3 cup chopped onion
-1/3 cup all-purposed flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 shredded cooked chicken ( I boiled chicken meats and then chopped)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables - thawed
1. Heat the oven 220C
2. Lay one crust on a pie pan
3. Melt butter over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Cooking and stiring until bubbly and thickened.
4. Stir in the shredded chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from the heat.
5. Spoon mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust. Seal the edge and flute. Cut slits in several places on top of the crust.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. During the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.